Our award-winning chef patron Gordon has been busy filming demos for online cooking channel Cranble.
Among his choice of comforting dishes was a delicious, luxurious twist on a traditional Bread and Butter Pudding – one of his all-time favourite puds!
Why not try the recipe for yourself! Or if you’d rather Gordon and the team cook something for you – book a table with us on 01256 389514.
Gordon’s Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe
- 10 slices of white bread with crust removed
- 100g of butter
- 20g of sultanas
- 50g of white and dark chocolate
- 225ml of double cream
- 100ml of milk
- 1 vanilla pods
- 70g of egg yolk
- 80g of caster sugar
- Start the dish by buttering the bread, then slice into triangles
- Butter an ovenproof dish and place a layer of bread down, sprinkle in a layer of sultanas and both chocolates
- Arrange 1 layer of bread triangles in the dish then sprinkle again with sultanas and chocolate. Repeat this process 2 more times or until you reach the rim of the oven dish
- To make the custard, bring the cream, milk and vanilla to a boil. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar
- Pour the cream mixture over the yolks and sugar, whisking it in then cook it out for 5 min, Allow to cool slightly and pour the mixture over the bread and sultanas, slightly press and Leave this to soak for at least 4 hours, topping it up with more custard if needed
- Heat the oven to 120°CPut the pudding dish into a roasting tin and pour some warm water around the sides
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the edges are browned.
- Caramelise the top with sugar and a blowtorch or hot grill.
You can enjoy more of Gordon’s twists on classic British dishes at The Purefoy Arms.
Book a table on 01256 389514.